Trident Cement Plant, Three Forks, Montana
The Trident cement plant, located on the banks of the Missouri River, has been in operation providing materials for the regions’ growing infrastructure for over a century.
Construction of what was then to be called the Three Forks Portland Cement Co. plant first began in 1908, leading to the official founding of the Town of Trident, due to the growing population of construction workers, the need for a rail stop and a post office. The first cement shipment by Three Forks Portland Cement Co. was made in 1910.
Between 1920 and 1940, cement from the plant contributed to many regional construction projects, including the building of the Grand Coulee gravity dam in Washington state, as well as several dams within the Missouri watershed area. Most notable was the Fort Peck Dam, the largest hydraulically filled dam in the United States, which at the height of its construction employed over 10,000 workers.
As a CRH US cement plant, Trident continues to be a key economic contributor to the area. Recently, the plant supplied products for a new I-90 interchange at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport and expansion projects at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana.
1751 Fuhrmann Blvd., Buffalo, New York, 14203, USA
Built in the 1920s, the Buffalo terminal is now fully serviced by truck, and warehouses bulk and slag cement from the CRH Canada Mississauga Cement Plant. The Buffalo terminal is currently contributing to several notable projects, including the Buffalo River revitalization project, a 24/7 dredging operation cleaning and restoring the vitality of the Buffalo River and the surrounding area. We are also contributing to Buffalo’s SolarCity, which will be the largest supplier of solar products in the US and is the brainchild of mega-entrepreneur and billionaire Elon Musk.
6925 Granger Road, Independence, Ohio, 44131, USA
The Cleveland terminal is fully serviced by rail. It has three silos capable of storing multiple products and is well positioned to service the Ohio area.
101 North Forman, Detroit, Michigan, 48209, USA
The Detroit terminal, established in 2005, is located about 10 km southwest of downtown in Wayne County, Michigan. The terminal is equipped with a Self-Service-Loading (SSL) system, and certified trucking companies can load 24/7.
1100 Port Terminal Drive, Duluth, Minnesota, 55802, USA
Constructed in 1983 to expand the footprint of the CRH Canada Mississauga Cement Plant, the Duluth terminal consists of sufficient storage to accommodate inbound boat loads. The unique boat unload system is used to extract the cement from the boat using an auger. It is capable of moving alongside the length of the boat to access each hold on the ship. The terminal services the Wisconsin, Minnesota, Midwest US, Western Canada and Northern Ontario regions.
15225 Day Road, Dundee, Michigan, 48131, USA
The Dundee terminal, originally opened as a cement plant in 1959, is located in Monroe County, Michigan, about 60 km southwest of Detroit. Today, the site only houses the cement silos and a bagging facility. The terminal is well positioned to service the Michigan, Ohio and Indiana areas.